Warren J. Kessler
- Kessler + Kessler, A Law Corporation
- 1800 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 400
- Los Angeles, California 90067
- TELEPHONE 310-552-9800
- FACSIMILE 310-552-0442
"Skip has the ability to blend and get along with all types of people, and both have the unique ability to co-exist in the same environment."Excerpt from
Los Angeles Daily Journal
October 20, 2000
- UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN LAW SCHOOL, J.D., cum laude, 1973.
- CORNELL UNIVERSITY, A.B., 1967.
LAW PRACTICE AFFILIATIONS
- Shareholder, Kessler & Kessler, A Law Corporation, 1987 to present.
- Of Counsel to Gilchrist & Rutter Professional Corporation, (1991 to 1994) and to Kajan & Gross, A Professional Corporation, (1987 to 1990).
- Partner, Greenberg, Hennigan & Mercer/Greenberg & Kessler, 1983 to 1987.
- Partner, Cox, Castle & Nicholson, Los Angeles, California, 1980 to 1983. (Associate from 1977 to 1979).
- Associate, McDermott, Will & Emery, Chicago, Illinois, 1973 to 1976.
- President, Century 1031 Exchange Inc. and Century Reverse Exchange Inc.
- Admitted to the State Bar of California (1977) and the State Bar of Illinois (1973). AV rating, Martindale-Hubbell.
- U.S. Tax Court (1974).
- Member, American, Los Angeles County, and Beverly Hills Bar Associations.
- Super Lawyers, 2006, 2007, 2008.
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Speaker at California Society of Certified Public Accountants, 2008 Tax Update and Planning Conference: 2008 Real Estate Tax Update.
- Speaker at 1st Service Solutions’ Borrowers Forum, What Every Servicer and Borrower Needs To Know About Reverse Exchange Transactions, 2008.
- Speaker at Lorman Education Services, Seminars on Section 1031 Exchanges, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.
- Author, "Dealing With Distressed Real Estate Projects," Forty-Second Annual Institute on Federal Taxation, University of Southern California, January 1990.
- Author, "Refinancing Real Estate," Thirty-Ninth Annual Institute on Federal Taxation, University of Southern California, January 1987.
- Author, "Real Estate as an Investment," Thirty-Fifth Annual Institute on Federal Taxation, University of Southern California, January 1983.
- Speaker at the 1983, 1987 and 1990 University of Southern California Tax Institutes.
- Speaker at various CEB seminars on income tax topics, including real estate exchanges.
- Co-author, "Sidestepping the Impact of Starker to Save Two-Party Tax-Free Exchanges," 48 Journal of Taxation 328, June 1978.
- Former Chair and Director, California Housing Partnership Corporation, 2001 to 2006.
- St. Vincent Meals on Wheels Program.
- Representative, Cornell University Development Fund.